Benefits of Fluoride
For many years the standard for preventive dentistry recommended fluoride treatments for all children twice annually. This therapeutic
treatment of topically applied fluoride was shown to dramatically prevent tooth decay. Newer studies have shown that the benefits of fluoride are not limited to children.
Fluoridation plays a protective role against dental decay throughout life, benefiting both children and adults. In fact, inadequate exposure to fluoride places children and adults in the high-risk category for dental decay.
Adult Fluoride Therapy
- Reduces dental decay caused by dry mouth
- Also associated with Sjogren’s Syndrome Disease.
- Extends the lifespan of crowns, bridges, and fillings by strengthening the junction between the restoration and the natural tooth
- Reduces the risk of root decay where there are receded gums
- Adults prone to decay
- Helps maintain the integrity of older dental work by preventing “recurrent” decay
- Persons having been treated for gum disease or having had gingival surgery
- Person’s undergoing orthodontic treatment (braces)
- Strengthens enamel compromised by grinding or from acid reflux
- Strengthens demineralized enamel
- Any individual having undergone chemotherapy or radiation treatments should receive fluoride therapy
- Saves money – the cost of fluoride is less than most dental plan copays for fillings, etc.
- Reduces or eliminates dental sensitivity
We provide adults with a fluoride treatment specially formulated for adult teeth!